Code. Play. Teach. Learn. Research. Demo.
List of features
Here are the main features of Ancient Brain.
in the browser.
- Worlds can be games, physics demos, walk-throughs, mathematical challenges, and more.
2D graphics Worlds.
3D graphics Worlds.
- Write and clone and modify and share and host and search Worlds.
- Can run Worlds on mobile.
- Support for user keyboard interaction with Worlds.
- Support for mouse interaction with Worlds.
- Support for touch interaction with Worlds.
- Ability to write mobile games.
in the browser.
- Editor syntax highlighting and syntax error checking.
- Intelligent code help.
Select any code in editor, press Alt-I,
and editor runs a series of rules to open best help page for that code.
- Can edit on mobile.
- On "Save" the code is live and can be run by anyone. No "build" or "download" or any other intermediate step.
- Clone other users' Worlds and Minds.
- Open source Starter Worlds to get started with authoring.
- Obfuscate JS facility.
- Upload images.
- Upload music and sound effects.
- Upload 3D models.
- Reference and use other users' uploads in your Worlds.
- Recycle bin.
- APIs: Systematic support for different JS libraries.
- Support for 3D and 2D graphics.
- Support for
- Support for
In two forms.
- Support for 3D models.
- Support for Physics.
- Ability to use own graphics code or own graphics library.
- System tries to
syntax errors and API errors by World authors.
Tries to run World if possible.
- Worlds will
always run in the future.
Old APIs will stay unchanged
as new APIs are added.
- Almost any JS can be injected into the run window.
- JS can include other JS at run-time, either on this site or from third-party site.
- Anything written in client-side JS, that includes any JS library from anywhere, can be uploaded and run on this site.
- Can embed Worlds in external third-party sites. See "Embed code" links on World and Mind pages.
- Keyboard and mouse and touch actions work inside embed on third-party site.
Can play games inside embed on third-party site.
- Customisable World screenshots.
- Worlds can be solved by programs (Minds)
rather than human users.
- Minds are automatically ranked on online scoreboards.
- Minds can call other Minds.
- Minds calling other Minds enables the construction of hybrid multi-author AI systems.
- Worlds can save data to the server
when the user is logged in.
Games can use this to build a "human scoreboard" of humans that have played them.
- Teaching Worlds
have list of special features designed for teaching, using Minds and scoreboards.
- Bulk register for teachers.
- WebGL course
- online course to learn WebGL with P5.
- Social functionality. User home pages. User pictures. Country flags.
- Can comment on Worlds and Minds.
- Can "like" Worlds and Minds.
- Tweet buttons on all World pages. Will automatically tweet out the World image.
The globes light up when you log in.